Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Fun

Well, I figure I should update about my summer before the full swing of Fall activities begins! This was a very fun and crazy summer! Many beach trips and times with family filled my summer!

A few cakes were made and here they are!

We had a couple 4th of July parties to go to, so my daughter thought up this one. She really wanted to decorate a cake. We split it to take it to two different parties. It was yummy! All the decorating was done by my daughter. :0) 



Steel Magnolias Armadillo cake... yes, this is, red velvet cake and all. :-) One of my bestest friends wanted this cake for her 30th. So this what I made! I had to buy the flowers pre-made because I just did not have the time to make them from scratch! But I am happy with how it all came together!  (my new favorite!!)






The party spread. What a fun night with friends!! Peter made the best BBQ Chicken too!!  


 This cake was for a friend who's co worker likes eating PB&J at work. This was fun to make.  





This cake is for the Gamer in the family and his friend. :0) XBOX anyone? I had to make this one in record time because the party is at my house and I have to make lots of food and clean the place!! My first time using modeling chocolate that I made from mixing chocolate melts and corn syrup. A lot easier to mold and cover things than fondant!   
 




Looking forward to the change of season and all that goes with it. It will be a crazy Fall, but praying that I will be able to fit in a few more cake projects along the way. I start my International Cuisine class next week, so should have some yummy recipes and dishes to write about!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your daughter is definitely following in your footsteps! :) She did a great job!

    That XBox cake was delicious, by the way!

    ReplyDelete