Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Culinary Creations

This past fall I took Food Prep 1 and began my journey on the road to graduating with a double major Culinary Arts Degree and Food Service Management Degree. Where I will go with these pieces of paper once I finish (in 3 yrs?)? I do not know. But one thing I am sure of is that I LOVE to cook and bake. 
Here are a few of the creations made this past semester in class:

Braised Chicken with homemade pasta and green beans with almonds.



Salmon Croquettes with broccoli and tourneed potatoes.



Roasted Chicken, candied sweet potatoes and apple citrus cabbage.



Seared chicken, saffron risotto and green beans with almonds.



Beef Consomme with beef, celery and mushroom garnish.



Clam Chowder.




Stuffed Quail with candied sweet potatoes and broccoli.



Poached fillet of Sole with risotto, sugar snap peas and cream sauce.



Poached Fillet of Sole with Citrus Beurre Blanc sauce, Rice Pilaff and broccoli.

 


By now you are probably really hungry and wondering what I am cooking up for dessert! :-) 
My next projects in the next few weeks will be a cake for my nephew's birthday and possibly cupcakes for a wedding! Already planning and thinking up new creative ways to make these events special. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious!! Wish I had your passion and gift for cooking. Can't wait to see where all this yummy cooking takes you....keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete