Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cupcakes and more cakes.

While we are on the topic of cakes, here are some pics of cupcakes I made for my sister's baby shower. A few of the ideas I got from online and others I just made up. 



 Red Velvet and butter cream icing.

Chocolate and butter cream icing.


Angel food cake and whipped cream topping.

Chocolate fudge and butter cream icing.


On this one I made sugar cookie squares and chocolate covered sugar cookies with cream cheese icing on pumpkin cupcakes. YUMMY!


Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing.


These ones had sugar cookies with icing with the little feet. I did find this idea online. Really cute! Instead of buying the cupcake holders I just used parchment paper cut into squares. Much cheaper that way! And still cute as can be!




Diaper "cakes" are fun to make! I can make these to order if anyone is interested!




Yes, of all the cupcakes I made that day, one did end up icing-side down... 


Here is the display at the shower.





So that was my adventure into cupcake making. Very time consuming because I am decorating individual servings, but they look so nice once done. It is worth all the work when everyone is happy and they all love to eat them! 


1 comment:

  1. These cupcakes were the best part of my day!! What a special gift. They were sooo beautiful and yummy, and Lucas enjoyed quite a few of them as well!! ;)

    ReplyDelete