Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Finally Updating!

Wow! Things really got busy and I just could not find the time to update my blog. Sorry!

I had a really great semester and finished out my classes last week! It feels good to get a break for the summer! Here are some pics from the last few weeks.....


Baby shower cake I made for one of my friends. The Noah's ark was a 3D replica of the baby shower invitation. 
 

This past week I got into fruit carving because I was in charge of the decoration for my Garde Manger final class, end of the year buffet. youtube is a wonderful source of ideas and a great teacher!!

My first melon carving. 





My second melon carving. 




And the items I carved for the buffet and the buffet set up at my school. :-) I helped with the ice sculpture, but it was a class effort! 

Melon Fish


Cold food table. 
 

Sea horse melon. 

Buffet. 
 

Cucumber leaves. These are so easy and fun and really can make a salad look good!
 

My favorite carving! Watermelon Discuss fish! I got this one off youtube. 
 

Seahorse ice sculpture! 
 

My fruit tray. Took me a couple hours to cut the fruit and assemble it all on the mirror! 
 

Fruit tray centerpiece. I got this idea off the internet. Lots of fun to put together and really easy!
 

Now that school is out for the semester I hope to make more specialty cakes and play around with new fruit carving ideas! 
I am so thankful to my husband and kids who are so patient with me as I try and finish up my Culinary degree! I am really enjoying all that I am learning and hope to make yummy new meals at home to show them it is worth it! :-) 


1 comment: